Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 17...and so the countdown begins here...

A good friend of mine told me that I should start this blog over the next 17 days to vent and release and write about my experiences up until the day of my wedding...

Although I was married before for 16 years, I didn't have a fairytale wedding...it was more like a - just to get it done type wedding. So this is big for me. I've waited nearly 40 years for a day like November 13, 2010.

And to be having this day with my soulmate and the absolute love of my life is the most spectacular feeling in the world!!!

However, the last few weeks have been especially trying for me. As a woman and as a soon to be wife. I've been disrespected by relatives (not mine of course), talked to any kind of way and at one moment I was in fear that this wedding may not even happen...

But love prevails and here I am...

So we're 17 days away and I finally got around to finalizing the budget for what's left to pay...whew...but it's not as bad as i thought...we'll still actually have money to spend in Vegas...lol.

Also today my boss did something really nice for me...he booked us a hotel room near the airport the night of the wedding...how sweet!!!

He used his Marriott points and they won't let him put the reservation into anyone else's name, so he's even going to check into the hotel on his way to the wedding and bring us the key! God I love my job and my co-workers!

We even had the nerve to get 2 more RSVPs today...really? Like the cutoff was on the 18th!!! WTF???

So now - all RSVPs have been cut off...the count goes in next week when we meet with the caterer to finalize the details of the reception and to pay...ouch...

But everyday that goes by brings me closer to my dream of the last year and a half of finally becoming Mrs. Hansel Fritzgerald...

Until tomorrow...or if anything else happens...TTFN

1 comment: